Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Our Direction

It truly was not my decision


Admiration initially drew me to her


Her words pictured my aspirations


Inspirations her actions evoked in me


And I rose to her love and protection


Instructions I could not wait for


Because I knew it was my function


Perfection was what stared at me


Told her so because I had the gumption


I earlier never put her into consideration


But now limitations now no longer exists


And we’re moving towards one destination



Zafaa Awards 2011
I won a nomination as the just concluded
Zafaa Awarda Nominations Ceremony
Please don't forget to cast your votes for
Emeka Amakeze for Best Screenplay with the
movie - MAIDENS at www.zafaa.com

11 comments:

9jaFOODie said...

Awww... this is beautiful.

ekun9ja said...

This is quite interesting and deep your majesty! Good one !

The Relentless Builder said...

I enjoyed reading this piece, especially that last line on "one destination."

enybees-hub said...

ALL ROADS lead to the final destination with "her" ‎​ℓ☺ℓ

Emeka Amakeze said...

@9jaFOODie
Thank you so much!


@ekun9ja said
Thanks for coming around your majesty!



@The Relentless Builder
"I enjoyed reading this piece, especially that last
line on "one destination."" One destination it is!



@enybees-hub
Yeah, you're right! Thanks

Myne Whitman said...

Lovely poem. I liked it.

Emeka Amakeze said...

@Myne
Thank you so much!

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

Very nice.....
I can imagine someone with a deep baritone - i.e. Barry White - delivering this :)))

Emeka Amakeze said...

@N. I. L
You are right on point there! Would love to sit and listen to that!

Emeka Amakeze said...

@N. I. L
I don't know why I can't comment on your blog. I've tried but to no avail

*Michael Onobote* said...

Nice one Emeka. Congrats on your nomination too.